Effective: November 20, 2018
Friends of Cape Wildlife, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) owns and operates the following websites covered by this policy: https://www.friendsofcapewildlife.org; https://dashboard.hotlineforwildlife.org; and https://www.hotlineforwildlife.org (the “Sites”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Sites and certain of our services, as well as the choices you have associated with that Information.
When you perform a search within the Sites, we may record information identifying you or linking you to the search performed and recording information related to the search request. When you use our hotline to report animal abuse or injury, we will record your name, contact information and the nature of the report.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Sites and services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Sites and services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
When making a donation, then in addition to the Personal Information we collect:
We also collect donation information, including date of purchase/donation, special requests made, donation made or purchased and any special requests.
Why do we collect, use and share your Personal Information?
- Purchases: We use your Personal Information to complete and manage your purchase/s or donations.
- Customer Service: We use your Personal Information to provide customer service.
- Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a review. This can help other visitors to our site who choose to work with us.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this. For example:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a donation online, we may email you a reminder to continue.
- Business Purposes: For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Sites, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, optimizing your experience on the Sites and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns.
- We may use information that doesn’t identify you or your devices for any purpose.
We may also collect information about how the Sites are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Sites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Sites.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Sites.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Sites.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Friends of Cape Wildlife uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Sites and our services
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites or services when you choose to use them
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information for our business purposes so that we can improve the Sites and our services
- To monitor the usage of the Sites and our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To notify you about upcoming events and donation opportunities
Transfer of Data
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Friends of Cape Wildlife may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal process
- To respond to requests from governmental authorities
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions
- To protect and defend the operations, rights, privacy, safety or property of Friends of Cape Wildlife, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Sites and our services
- To protect the safety of users of the Sites, our services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Sites and services (“Service Providers”), to provide services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Sites and services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may disclose information to a third party in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any part of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Sites and our services.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Sites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
MailChimp is a marketing platform that collects information at our request and we use it to send out marketing and news emails. You will be added to the MailChimp database by request by using one of our sign up forms on our websites. MailChimp offers tools related to consent and individual rights to help us comply with the GDPR.
You can opt-out of our email service at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services. It is your sole obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other websites or services.
Our Sites and services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone number: (508) 375-3700